New thing are coming.

Friday, August 8, 2014
Over the next few month we are in for some changes. With my son going back to college and us all being out of the house from dark 30 till between 6 and 7 PM we are  having to do dinner a different way. I have been look up "freezer cooking " or in other words having a freezer full of meals ready to go. A lot of what I am finding is not stuff that my family will eat. Having cooked chicken an hamburger in the freezer will be a big part of what we will have. Tonight my son made a large batch of pasta sauce. This is a sauce that we will use for pizza, lasagna, and other items that uses a pasta type sauce. I will give the recipe in a bit. Over the last week I made a roasted chicken and with the leftovers I made a Chicken a la king that can be use for Chicken Pot Pie or served over noodle or biscuits. I have placed the leftovers of this in a gallon zip lock bag and put it in the freezer.

We are going to work on a lot more stuff over the weekend and thru the week that we have left. One of the things that I would like to make are some hot pockets so that I have some lunch stuff. I will try to post what I can over the next few days, but there are a lot of blogs and sites about this type of cooking.

Now for that pasta sauce recipe.
Our pasta sauce

1 lb ground beef
1 28 oz crushed tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 14.5 oz cans of Italian style Diced Tomatoes
1 6 oz can tomato Paste
3 Cans mushrooms
1 jar of store bought pasta sauce of your choice.
Italian seasoning, no measurement, use to taste
Parsley, no Mesaurement, use to taste
1/8 of a cup of sugar
Onion, We were out of fresh onions so we use some dehydrated minced, I would say a 1/4 cup
Garlic, 2 clover, you can use more if you like
Olive Oil, about a 1/4 cup

Brown the meat in a fry pan.
add onion garlic and olive oil to large pot and saute for about 5 minutes
dump the rest of the ingredients and hamburger in and simmer for about 30 minutes.

This makes about 3 qts of sauce.

sever over pasta and freeze what is left for a later time.




0 comments :

Post a Comment