Creating in the kitchen again

Thursday, April 17, 2014
I was looking in my cupboard for a jar of spaghetti sauce and found that I did not have any. We next would be to make my own for I do keep lots of can tomato product on hand at all times. Well I went to the spice cupboard and found that I had none of the spice need to make a good sauce. What was I do to, as I said I keep lot of different types of tomatoes products on hand.
This is what I made:
1 - 16 oz can of Fire Roasted tomatoes
2 - 16 oz cans of Italian style tomatoes
1 - 8 oz can tomato past
1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 -  6 oz can mushrooms diced in small pieces
Place one can at a time in a blender or food mill and  turn them in to a crushed texture, do this with all three cans of tomatoes. place all in a pot and simmer for 15 to 30 minutes. To night I am not adding the mushrooms for my youngest son is allergic to them.

I will be adding some meatball and we will have spaghetti and meatballs with sauce.

0 comments :

Post a Comment