Creating in the kitchen again

Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Tonight my son and I decided that we wanted Hamburger Helper but since we do not buy the boxes of that stuff we make our own. Tonight I wanted a taco one but instead we made a Italian one.
Here it is:
Homemade hamburger helper
1 1/2  to 2 lbs hamburger
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can Italian  tomatoes
2 8 oz tomato sauce
1 tablespoon onion flakes
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 tea spoon olive oil
12 oz dry pasta (we used Rotini)
3 cups water
Brown the hamburger and drain off grease. Add all the rest of the stuff and simmer for about 30 minutes stirring often.
Top with ricotta and Parmesan cheese to taste and enjoy.

Now on a different note the incubator is still going and there are some of the eggs that are growing. I have only candled a few and without having a window in the from it is hard to really keep an eye on it. They should be hatching around the 14th or so. I have someone that is going to buy them form me so that is a good thing.

My business is grow very slowly but that is ok too, for nothing happens over night. remember you can  save money shopping at shop.com


0 comments :

Post a Comment