What a time we have had

Friday, July 5, 2013
Well after a not so nice medication oops with my son we have spent the last 48 hours doing a lot of cleaning and redoing of cabinets. For the first 12 to 18 hours my son sleep up to 20 hours after taking a new med that the doc gave him. He looked like he had a hangover and said he felt like it too. After that we had the fight that has been waiting to happen for the last 6 months, and now the house is clean the laundry is about done and my cabinets are looking like the day I moved in just about.
I have turned off the Dish network for a time and hope that we can get everything up to date and all that. I really need to restock the cabinets and that before to long. I hope that I will be able to have at least 6 to 12 cans of each item in my cabinet on hand. Some of the stuff that I keep in my cabinet is the following.
Tomato sauce
diced tomatoes, different kinds like with onion and garlic and stuff like that.
tomato paste
crushed tomatoes
tomatoes with green chili
green chilies
mushrooms
canned beans, like pinto, black, kidney, and chili
cream soups: mushroom, celery, chicken, chedder cheese
hot dog chili, we use this for chili cheese tater tots  or chili dogs
extra bottles of mustard, ketchup , miracle whip, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegars
pasta of all kinds.

for baking I try to keep the following:
Flours: AP, wheat, rye, bread
cornmeal and corn flour(masa)
sugars: white, brown, and powder
different type of chips: chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, and some for different holiday ones. these I keep int he freezer
baking soda
baking powder
cornstarch
shorting and oil
I use butter for baking and margarine for eating still have to try and watch the cholesterol

and for spices I have a lot.
I still hope to someday have dry foods on hand, so that I don't have to use as much room in the freezer. That is going ot be some time down the road now.





0 comments :

Post a Comment