A faster way to make biscuits and a trick for the perfect gravy

Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Twice I have made biscuits in my Kitchen aid mixer and both time they have came out just great. I use Self-rising flour, 1 stick of butter(1/2 cup), 2 teaspoons sugar(sometime I add extra for a dessert biscuit) and 1 cup milk. Since my Self Rising flour is a bit old I use 2 teaspoons baking powder to the mix. I mix the flour, baking powder and butter(cold) on stir for a bit then add the milk in a steady stream, when the mix is combined some i turn the mixer to 2 and mix for about 30 second. I then turn it out on a floured surface and kneed for a bit to combine it all together, at this time I might add a tablespoon of milk or two. DO NOT kneed for to long. Roll out and cut in to biscuits. bake at 400 for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Now for the gravy I learned this trick for Trisha Yearwood's cooking show. 442 is the secret for perfect gravy. 4 tablespoons flour, 4 tablespoons butter, grease,or drippings and 2 cups milk. make a rue with the butter and flour and cook for about 5 minutes to get rid of the flour taste, stir in the milk and stir till nice and thick.
Enjoy.

0 comments :

Post a Comment