New website to Love

Saturday, June 15, 2013
I have been looking for a good app or website to help me do my shopping and meal planning for some time and I finally found one that does both, helps with meal planning and does shopping list. It works on the computer and has an app that syncs with it I have been working with in most of last night and this morning and I think this is the one. Oh you want the name, well here it is ZipList. I have been able to add my own recipes that I have in my head, add recipes from sites that I use and much more. I can add things that are on sale to the shopping list on the computer and when I go shopping it is on my phone in the app ready for me to do the shopping.
I have a lot of recipes that are in my head that I use and this gives a place to put them and share with others. It has 100,000 recipes for all over the web that you can add to your cookbook to add to a meal planner, and make the shopping list for you to look over and add only what you are going to have to buy that week, or in my case every two weeks.
There are a lot of items I really try to keep stocked up on. I will make a list and add it here at a later date since I am going to have to have a master list at some point of what I keep in the pantry. I really don't use a lot of pre made mixed and box goods most of what is in my pantry is canned goods and spices.

This week I got a challenge that I am going at head first. I am having to make a menu  for two weeks with just the meat I have on hand. What I have is this:
2 packs of pork steaks - 4 each could make up to 4 meals if done right
1 pack brats - 5 that is just what we need in our family for 1 meal
1 pack Italian sausage link - 5 in the pack, can be taken out if the casing for sauce
1 pack cube steak - enough for one meal
1 pack hot dogs - use for a lunch for me and my son
1 pack chicken tender - enough for a meal and lunch for two
1 round steak - one me here, it is not to big
2 3 lb packs of hamburger - at least 6 meals if I use 1 lb each but lost likely 4 meals
some hamburger patties I think enough for 2 meals

So far I have about 8 dishes add to my planner and I am still working on it. right now I only have the main dish for sides are potatoes or rice and a veggie of some kind. There are some of  my meals that are a all in one meal. Over the next few days I will be adding recipes and doing so much that I will not miss WoW at all.

0 comments :

Post a Comment