Cooking something New and more

Sunday, April 21, 2013
My son and I look at the sale ad for the store that we shop at every week and work on making dishes for the week off of what is on sale. This last week they had Zatarian Jambalaya rice on sale for $.99 a box. Most of the time I do not get boxed rice but this was just one of those time we did. My son told me how he had added smoked sausage to make a good jambalaya and so that is what we did. I also had to add shrimp to make it right for me. We used 2 boxes of rice at $.99 each, a smoked sausage at around $2.89 and a bag of shrimp for $3.99. This made enough for dinner and for a lunch today. We also had fried okra. I am not big on the frozen okra so I really hope that I am able to get some okra in to the garden this year.
As of yet we have not been able to get any thing in the containers that we are going to use for the garden area. Every weekend that we think we are going to get out and get something done, something goes wrong. Most of the time we try not to do a lot on Sunday for my husband has been working 6 days a week and that is a good thing most of the time. I hope that today we can get some of  the containers planted. I would like to get my peas in, they are going into a old washing machine tub that was here when we move here. I have my tomato that is growing in the large pot that I started last Nov. My peppers that I started did not make it but I will try again next year. I will just get plants that are started later in the week or maybe today since I have to go get more pad for the puppy.
The puppy is doing so good at potty training being that we have only had her for 2 weeks. She is going out most of the time but we still have accidents. She uses the potty pads most of the time or at least makes it to the bathroom floor. Being that we are going to replace the carpet in the family/computer room at some point since that is the main room that all the accidents happen with most all the animals. My sons cat decided that was the room that he was going to take over when my son left for a one month vacation, now it is a mess so to speak.
Well next month will be 1 full year that we have lived in our new house and we still have not done anything to decorate or make it more our own. I really would like to remove all the carpet in all the rooms but the bedrooms. Till we have the money to do so we are just going to have the light colored carpet that is so dirty no amount of cleaning is going to help. I do have the carpet clear but it takes so much time to clean and then to dry it is a pain with the 6 cats and 3 dogs, not to mention all the mud that comes in when it rains.

0 comments :

Post a Comment