Needing to rethink the egg selling idea

Friday, March 15, 2013
I don't think I am going to be able to sell eggs the way I was hoping. I have had the sign out for about a month and not one person has came up to buy eggs. I am thinking that I am going to have to reduce how many hens I have to just have eggs for the family and really not worry about making money with selling eggs.  As a family of 3 we really only need about 2 dozen eggs a week but I would still like to be able to have some eggs to sell to a couple of friends that do buy them from me every week or two. We are going to be using what we can for meat and I will be learning and getting the butchering technique down over the next few months while it is warmer. My son is doing some math to figure out what we are going to have to do about all the eggs that we are getting and not using. My son figured that is about .70 cents a dozen that I am spending in feed or however you would say that.

We had some internet trouble today and I did not get to get all that I really wanted to done. I have been going on Pinterest and finding stuff that I would like to make or use in my house. I will be working on more boards through out the weeks. I ran out of time on my game so I have not been able to play most of the week, and I really don't miss it all that much. Since I have not been playing my game I have been doing some reading. I read Ree Drumond book and loved it. I have also been watch a bit more TV and getting up to date on all my shows that we record, Now hubby just need to watch them and we can delete them all.

the garden is a slow go this year for the weather just will not make up its mind what season it is. One day it is winter the next feels like spring. Like today it is suppose to be in the high 70's maybe even the 80's., but later next week only in the 60 with 30 at night. I know that is spring time temps but it could still get really cold and we could have a freeze up till mid April. I do have some tomatoes and peppers going in my indoor green house. this is so the cats stay out of the plants as they grow. I have a tomato that has been growing since last Nov and it is doing good. I hope that it will give me some tomatoes before to long. It has been growing slow but it is growing. I have never tried to grow a tomato year round this is going to be the first one that I try it with.

0 comments :

Post a Comment