We over filled the incubator

Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Yes you read that right WE, that is my son and I. My son is taking some online college class and for a class project he is incubating eggs in my incubator. Right now there are 60 eggs in there and it really only hold 48, but since most of the time when I get eggs at the auction a lot go bad we got extra. We are going to candle on Friday and see what we can see. We started them on Saturday at about 6 PM.
Saturday we all went to the auction, for the last time,(they closed down after that) to sell 9 roosters and to by eggs for the incubator. Well they only had 8 dozen and we bought them all for $14.40 or $1.90 a dozen. There was another person there that was wanting eggs and had drove just a bit farther than we had so we sold him 3 at $2.00. The rooster made around $27.00 so all in all we had a good day.
We came home marked the eggs with there weight and a call number for later on when it is time to do all the graphing that my son is going to do. He want to see what it cost to raise them and all that so I get to find out for FREE, for my son bought the eggs, is buying the feed and all that. I am letting him use what I have since we have it already. He is going to help get the second coop build and that is where his chickens will be even if he moves out.

He is talking about getting a few other animals too and that is fine as long as he is going to help with all that has to be done to take care of them including butchering. There are fences that need to be fixed and cages to buy building to put up and a lot of money to spend. I know we will not get a lot done for a time but in time we will get a lot done.

0 comments :

Post a Comment