Sunday, February 5, 2012
Well, yesterday was my 11th wedding anniversary and would you believe it after 11 yrs I got flowers for the first time. I made the mistake of telling my husband that I did not like flowers, forgot to tell him unless they have roots with them. The other great thing is he singed the contract for our first house yesterday. Now I just have to wait up till Tuesday to see if they take it or not. This is going to be along wait. In  the mean time I can work on craft projects and cleaning this place. I will post what happens.

The pig is going to be going to the butcher shop March 8th so we will have fresh pork at the end of that month. As for getting any chicken in to the freezer this year we will have to wait and see. Hubby and I still have to get better and fast at it. I am hoping that we will be able add rabbit to the butcher list at some point.

The chickens are laying well now. I am getting 8 to 12 eggs a day with most being 10 or 11. At this time I am out of room for eggs since I have 9 dozen in the frig and more on the counter. I have no more egg cartons at this time so I am going to have to take the eggs up to the place that I sell them to and get more egg cartons for more. I hope soon I will be able to go to the auction and buy a bunch of them, but with trying for a house and hubby work everyday it might be a while.

Winter has been warmer than normal and still you can not really grow anything outside for it will die as soon as it get cold again. I am so looking forward to Spring so that I can start to  plant and do work outside. I am not really a person to be inside all the time but, with nothing to do outside in the winter I am inside. Crafts and the computer keeps me going. Well I guess I better get back to the cleaning that I have let go over the last few week with being sick and depressed.

0 comments :

Post a Comment