Getting out of the house

Sunday, August 7, 2011
Yesterday DH and I decided to get out of the house for a bit but first we had to wait till all the chicken when in to there coop/run, which they did at around 3 pm. Here are some pictures of the chickens after we got back. Most of them are in the first one.

We decided to go to War Eagle Mill and Cavern but it was kinda late so we really did not get to do anything but the drive was nice and so was the place. We will go back at a later date to do the cavern. I hope that I might be able to get some of the grains that they grind there to use. They are a bit on the high side but I think it would be worth it for ground grains.




This might have not been in the budget but it did not take us over budget either. It was only like a 30 to 45 minute drive and that was better than sitting at home in a house that the A/C don't work in very well. Looks like I might be in my room a bit this next week.
The heat is really doing a number on me and the chickens. I just walked out to check on the little one and found one of my WLRC dead. The WLRC are suppose to be my meat bird I hope. It all depend on if I have enough hens and a rooster to go with them. I will keep them in the pen to hatch the eggs for neat birds. Upon some reading I have found that they can be quit broody and that would be good for I don't like having them in the house to much. to much dust.

0 comments :

Post a Comment