Running free

Wednesday, July 20, 2011
I have let the 6 week old chicks out of there pen and so far all is going good. There is a bit of chasing from the larger chickens but not a lot. I had to change there food out too for the larger ones keep going in and eating it. Out here were I am you only have two types of food for them and that is starter and layer/grower. All my chickens get to free range and I give there scratch and scraps form the garden. I found out yesterday that they just love tomatoes. I am going to try this weekend to sell most of the roosters that I have(5) I am going to only keep one of the roosters that was from Speckles and that is going to be Harry. He is the youngest of all the roosters from Speckles and I found that he did not like it when I took his sisters away from him at all. I am hoping that this is a sign that he is going to be a good watch rooster for all the girls. I will still have other roosters but they are not from any of the chickens that I have had already. There are from the eggs that I bought.
After I sell the 5 roosters I will move the 17  in to the coop. Right now I am letting them all get to know each other out is the yard. I will move them all at night for it is not easy to catch a chicken in the day. I will try to get some pictures of the ones that I have named, but they can move fast at this time.

0 comments :

Post a Comment