UPDATES: on older post

Monday, June 27, 2011
As you might see I have updated and did some changes to my blog, Please if you like what you see let me know by voting. Also so if you see a mistake or something I might have missed please comment to let me know. Would love to hear what people have to say.
Here are the updates:

  • I have to still get a Pig  pen build, but it looks like that is not going to happen for a bit. For the time our pis stays down at our neighbors. We buy some food for him for them keeping him there.
  • As for getting the chicken coop worked on well that is something else that is just going to have to wait. I have more chickens that I need for I seem to be hatching more males than females. I decided to raise the chicks in my house for we do have a lot of predators here.
  • As for getting a cow well that is not going to happen any time soon. I have not got a freezer that is big enough to hold it.
  • I have given up on getting a goat for the time for I just can not get any fencing done here. The ground is so hard and full of rocks that it takes a tractor to get any holes dug. It is hay season here and our neighbor is working every weekend on cutting, raking, and baling all there hay that they use in the winter.
  • As for chickens I have culled out all the white ones Bella too. Speckles is gone(no idea how). Lost one of the hatchlings to drowning. I will most likly lose the one that has the crooked beak for he can not stand at all and keeps laying on his side that the bad eye is on.
  • I only got one garden box done and the tomatoes, pepper and watermelon are really coming along. My carrot tops were eat off but are now growing back. The lettuce and spinach I feed to the chickens for at the time they were staying in the coop.
  • Yesterday was the first day of letting all the chickens out of the coop to free range and I think they are much more happy with that idea. I know the feed bill will go down now. The cats and dogs are not all that happy for they all have to stay in or go on the lead(dogs) while the chickens are out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment