Working outside

Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Yesterday I got the garden in, let hope that nothing eats it. I planted a tomato, a pepper, lettuce, radishes, onions, carrots, spinach, marigolds and 3 broccoli in my one square. I hope that I will be able to replant some of the square later in the yr. I am going to also try and get another square build so that I can plant more but that is going to have to wait for a bit. I am working on getting they yard free of ticks so that I don't have to worry about them getting ticks. So far we have got he front yard so that I can work in my garden. I hate to have to use stuff on the yard but the ticks are just so bad that we really don't have a choice. The chickens are just not enough. I don't what to get any guinea fowl but I might have to. They just make so much noise and the males can be really mean during mating season. If I do get any I will start with eggs or Keets so that they are raised on the land and stay close.

I still have to get the pig pen built and try to expand the chicken coop so that I have a place to put all the little chicken as they are ready to go out side. Yesterday Snappy gave me a double yolk egg again and it was two full size yolk inside, It was as big or bigger than the last one that she gave me. A few days a go one of my chickens died and I have two more that I might as well just cull for they are still sick and seems that they are not going to be getting any better. One of them is Bella. Snappy seems to have gotten better and at least she is laying eggs. The white chickens don't every really leave the coop so they just eat the feed that I buy. I have lots of land for them to roam on and eat grass, bugs and what every else they might like, but no they stay in the coop. I will never get any more white chickens for they are most likely battery bird being where I live. See I live in Tyson chicken area and there are house all over the place. Turkeys are raised here in the same way. I will see what I can do at the auction this weekend or next once my husband is not working nights any more.

Looks as the goat that my friend is going to be bring me are not going to come till July so that gives me more time to get ready for them.

0 comments :

Post a Comment