Rain, rain, and more rain

Wednesday, May 25, 2011
We have been having a lot of rain this yr. so far to date I would say that in just the past two month we have had 20 inches more or less. With all the rain I can not get anything done that I need to get done so it gets put on a list to do later. The good think with all the rain is that the garden is doing really good. I should have radishes soon and the lettuce and spinach is going to be here before I know it.
The baby chickens are getting ready to go outside but it is still going to be a bit of time with all the rain. We did have 4 more hatch on Sunday. I decided to try putting the eggs in a egg carton to see how it worked well for me it did not work to well, I will stick to leaving them on there side on the wire is going to be the way that I do it. I have also found out that what I thought was a Dominique rooster is not for the comb is all wrong, but what he really is is a Plymouth Rock. Now I just hope that I have more hens than roosters when from the 15 chicks that I have. I am going to write a page on incubating that I hope some will find useful.

0 comments :

Post a Comment