Candling eggs

Sunday, April 17, 2011
Today more like this evening has been a great day for I candled ALL of my eggs in the incubator and I have 14/17 that are moving inside. We still have a long ways to go till hatch day. I was so worried that I had cooked the eggs the other day when there was a temp spike in the incubator of 110° but I have found that is not the case. The three that are no good are unfertilized from what I can tell.

We are starting to clean out the coop so that we can put sand in there so that it will be easier to clean with all the chickens staying in there most of the time. We also have to start getting ready for the brooder to be out there so cleaning it up is going to be a good thing. It is going to take a bit of time to get it all cleaned out since we only work on it about 30 minutes a day.

0 comments :

Post a Comment