New chickens in there new home

Wednesday, February 23, 2011
The chickens are settling in and I am hoping that I might be able to get more this weekend for I don't think these are going to be laying anytime soon. I know that chickens don't lay all that well in the winter but I don't think the chickens that I got are even old enough to be laying yet, but they can not be to far from it. I am watch daily and will post when they do.
I am hoping that my husband get two days off this weekend so that I can get one of my garden plots done and get some plants in to it. I have peas, lettuce and broccoli that is already coming up in the house along with some other plants that are staring to show signs of coming up like the corn that I am trying. So far my peppers have not came up but they might take some time, this is only week 2 of them being planted.
We still have to get the pig pen build but that is going to cost around $125 for all the part or more. We still have some time before he comes home. We are only going to have the pig till the fall and that is when he is going to go to the butcher shop. Boy I hope I have a freeze by then.
We are still looking at buying a place of our own but then again we are very happy in the rental that we are in for I am getting to start my farm and that is a big part of what I want to do. With my husband working the night shift I am not cooking like I did for I don't like to cook just for myself. I do cook a large brunch for us in the afternoon. Since it is still winter there is not a lot for me to do outside for it is still cold most of the time, so for now I read, watch TV and work on my craft project. At this time I really don't know what I am working I am just working to keep busy. I am looking forward to spring getting here so I can get out more.

0 comments :

Post a Comment