The Whole family moves

Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Sorry that it has been a while since I have posted but was very busy getting moved.Since it is a new year and all I am going to start anew with my blog, and try to keep up with it. We have a lot of stuff that is changing with my husband going to work at nights and much more is to come but more on that later. Well, I am now moved in to my new place and have started to get some of the animals that I want. All the animals that moved with me are doing great. The dogs love it here for they are able to run and play with out being on a lead. The cats are in the house most of the time but are doing just fine in there new home.
In about 5 weeks I will have my little pig that is named Bacon, right now he is still with his mother. I still have to build a pig pen for Bacon and I hope that we are going to be able to do that with all the cold weather that we have been having.
I got a rooster that I have named Speckles. Here is a picture of Speckles.

The place that I have moved into is a rental for the time till we can get the house that is right for us. It has a hen house so I had a place to put Speckles and hope to get him a harem as soon as we can.
I also have to get my garden beds started so that I will have a place to plant. I am going to be doing the square foot gardening since I am still having trouble with my knee.
I am not going to be able to have any goats or sheep here but I think with the chickens and the pig that will be enough. I am also going to be getting a cow but that will be at my landlords place since they have the fencing already for cows.
Who knows we might just stay here for a while.

0 comments :

Post a Comment